Wednesday, February 19, 2020

New family members, Seasick & Pedestrian

In the past few weeks I have increased the Pedestrian family from one member to three members. Pedestrian is a strange font that cuts bits from footprints to make letters. The original font had right feet with toes facing up as upper-case letters and right feet with toes facing down as lower-case letters. As I was adding accented characters, I realized that the absence of left feet made the family feel incomplete. I could have added a left-foot counterpart to the original font, but instead I added two fonts, one with all the toes facing upward and a second with all the toes facing downward. Below are samples of the three members of the Pedstrian family with the original member shown first.
Pedestrian has limited uses but what surprises me a bit is that it actually is quite readable.

The other family that added new styles is Seasick. It is a distorted version of Kwesity and although I am not sure what uses it can have, I like it. I added light and extrabold styles to both Seasick and Seasick Mirror. They both wobble, but their wobbles mirror each other. The new members of the family are shown in black below.
In addition to changes in these font families, I have made corrections and added characters (especially the large group of accented characters used in Eastern European languages) to Chainletter, KlipJoint, NeedALilly, PutMyFootDown, RedLetter, SafetyPinned, TackyFont, and Zarrow.

No comments: