Tuesday, March 24, 2020

PoultrySign

Looking through microfilm of old issues of my local paper, I found this headline in a 1932 issue.
I could not recall seeing another typeface in which trapezoidal letters fit together like this and decided to create one. I ended up with a family of six faces that I named PoultrySign. The one that most closely resembles the text that inspired me is shown below:
To get the effect above, one alternates upper- and lower-case letters.

The font family has thin, regular, and bold weights in both regular width and condensed width versions. Because the typefaces are monospaced so that each character has the same width, the three styles can be used in layers to create two or three-colored type. 


I cannot think of a use I might have for it, but it was fun to create and for someone somewhere it may be just right.

I also updated several old typefaces by making a few corrections and adding a lot of extra characters, mostly accented letters used in Central and Eastern European languages. They include TwiggleeNoPain, OnyonForTheBirds, and Bumbershoot.

No comments: