Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Revision of DriveEddie

About twenty five years ago I designed several irregular typefaces (such as Grundee, Dschoyphul, SarahfSlob, and DrivEddie) of the type that could be used for advertising or children's books. SarahfSlob seemed the most promising of them, so I completed a family of regular, italic, bold, and bold-italic styles. The others were interesting but I neglected them in favor of working on other designs.

This year I decided to correct some problems with DrivEddie and as began working on it, I realized that it would be fairly easy to add a bolder version. Then I realized that an even bolder version and oblique styles might might the face more useable. The end result is that what was for many years a one-style family now has six. It has limited uses, but one of those uses might be for text in children's books.
Below are the six styles of the font.
In addition, I have updated six fonts that are sold on fontspring.com: IanSegoe, and early medieval type font; JasperSqueeze, an attempt at a serifed text font; Quatsity, a hybrid created by blending two other fonts; Stamper, in which letters outlined by a stamp shape; Swanville, a very early bold face; and XAabced, another very early attempt at a serifed text face. All but Stamper had additional accented characters added.

No comments: